Sunday, May 31, 2015

Leigh High School Stampede 5k

On Sunday May 31st, I ran my second 5k of the year, the Leigh High School Stampede, benefiting our local high school. I was excited to have Sean and the boys join me to cheer me on, and see me cross the finish line. Landon was super bummed that he didn't get to run it with me, and wanted to run he last few yards with me...but I was too focused on finishing strong and fast. My goal was to finish under 35mins, and I surprised myself by finishing under 30! My official time was 29:21, averaging a 9:28min mile, and believe it or not...I was the fastest woman in my age group! (30-39) I hope to run a few more this summer, and keep working on improving my time! Big thanks to Sean, Landon, and Cohen for cheering me on...even if I didn't "win the race" as Landon so honestly expressed to me afterward. 





No comments:

Post a Comment