Saturday, May 16, 2015

Girls on the Run 5k

On Saturday, May 16th I ran my first 5k in years! I was encouraged to sign up by my awesome group of BabyBootcamp Mamas, which was really motivating. It was a great race, benefiting an awesome cause. The course began and ended in Vasona Park in Los Gatos, was a long winding loop in and around the park and lake, including one unexpected and pretty tough hill climb. It was a big race, with easily over a few thousand participants. My goal was to finish under 35mins, and I did! Not sure of my official time because it's not a timed race, but another Mama I was running with timed herself under 32mins, and I finished ahead of her by a bit! I'll never love running, but setting goals and working to beat them is motivating, so I think I'll keep signing up for 5ks (or 10ks eventually), with the intent of continuing to push myself to stay in shape!

Here are a few pics I took from the day!






No comments:

Post a Comment