Thursday, November 3, 2011

Landon Visits Google

On Landon's "one-month" birthday, we went to Google to meet my teammates for lunch. They were all eager to meet him, and visit with me. He was a good boy: he didn't cry, let me change his diaper on one of the colorful couches, and let me feed him a bottle at my desk (that was a really weird feeling). Everyone loved him -- most people commented on his full head of hair, big feet, long toes, and pretty blue eyes.  


As most of you know, I love my job and Google. I've been there over 7 years, and honestly see myself there for many years to come. When I started there back in 2004, I was so impressed with the benefits and perks, even the generous maternity leave caught my attention (when I was 21, single, and living paycheck to paycheck)! I remember thinking that I would love to be able to take advantage of Google's fantastic maternity leave & perks someday...

...little did I know that a year later Sean and I would start dating, a few years after that we'd get married, and just two more years after that, I'd be Landon's Mom...and enjoying what has to be one of the best maternity leaves in the country.

Thanks, Google. I promise I'll be back at my desk (doing "real" work, not feeding my son a bottle) in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment