Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Our Growing Boy


Landon had his six month check-up with Dr. Barone yesterday. In addition to getting updated stats on his growth, he also got 3 shots. He handled it like a G, crying when the needles poked him, but quickly calming down seconds later. Thank goodness, 'cause it would have been a long car ride home if not! Landon's growth in length and weight have slowed down over the last 2 months, but don't worry...his head is still huge. As I always said growing up...big head just means big brain :)


Head Circumference: 18.1in (95th percentile)
Length: 27.8in (78th percentile)
Weight: 18.6lbs (58th percentile)


In other news, we had a sick boy on our hands the last week or so! Landon had his first real cold, which led to a nasty cough, a constant runny nose, a slight fever, and an ear infection! Sean and I took turns staying home with him last week, and Sean took care of him all weekend while I was in Catalina with my girlfriends. Overall, he handled the symptoms pretty well, and luckily still got plenty of sleep and rest. The biggest benefit for me was that I got my snuggly lil' baby back (for a few days). My independent, nearly 7 month old boy who usually can't be bothered by snuggles, actually preferred cuddling up with me on the couch, and sleeping on me during nap time. Though this made working from home difficult those days, it was certainly worth it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment